Monday, December 7, 2015

Course Evaluation, Last Week Dec. 7-13

Hello Students,

This is the last week of our course.  I have been inspired by all your posts, especially the last one about happiness.  Many of you have experience great challenges in life and still manage to think positively and plan for a better future.  

You can do the course evaluation as a document that you post on Blackboard or just add your comments to the blog instead.  Remember that you get 20 points on the evaluation, but points are awarded on completion and not on content, so feel free to write what you want.

Consider some of these questions in writing your evaluation:

What is your overall evaluation of this course?

Do you think that this course will increase your success in college, in your career, and in life in general?

Did you find the career assessments and the online portfolio helpful?

Do you have suggestions for improvement for this course?

What did you think about CollegeScope?

Based on the post test after Chapter 14, comment on your improvement on the topics covered by this course.  

I have enjoyed having all of you in this course.  Best wishes for your future success!

Marsha Fralick

Remember that December 13 is the last date for turning in any assignment.  

8 comments:

  1. Dear Professor Marsha,
    Merry Christmas and I wish you a blessing new year. You were a wonderful teacher. I will never forget your comments and your feedback; they were so nice and they kept me motivate it; therefore, thank you so much. You have and will continue to be a great influence on me. Thank you for the great work you do and the huge impact you make in young people’s lives as a teacher. I may not say it always. But, I mean it whenever I say it. Thank You Teacher for all the things you have done for me.
    Very respectfully,
    Your student Aladdin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a privilege to have you as a student. You inspired all of us with your comments on this blog. You have faced many challenges and it has only made you stronger. Best wishes for your future success.

      Delete
  2. Dear Professor Marsha Fralick,
    First and foremost I want to thank you for all the positive comments you have given me on all my responses, they really gave me a lot to think about. I enjoyed this course because I fond out many things about me I didn't know about myself. However, it was not as necessary to get this course because I already had an idea of what my major was going to be and what to do to get there. College scope was also somewhat helpful, I took in many tips I did not know of. Thank you for everything and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind evaluation. Best wishes on your future success and Merry Christmas too!

      Delete
  3. College scope was honestly a great help. I learned so much about me. I learned what my personality type was and how it can help me in the future. I learned a lot in things such as test taking strategies. Like taking good notes, going to class regularly, and avoiding distractions such as things and people. How to handle money. On how not to waist it on unnecessary things, how to maintain a balanced healthy lifestyle and diet. For example, working out regularly, and eating healthier meals. You can set a meal plan so you can get organized. Also on how to avoid procrastination. You can do so by writing specific deadlines on important stuff so you can avoid last minute or cramming. And how to avoid procrastinating test which leads to failure which can also lead to stress. And how you can avoid all of that. Diversity, how people are different and that’s ok, how diversity is going to be in workplaces and pretty much anyware. To avoid racism and teach my kids on why certin people wear hijabs and how its completely normal. And so many other great stuff. I honestly would recommend this class to anyone. Thank you Dr. Fralick and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind evaluation and mentioning the topics that had an impact for you. Best wishes for your future success and happy holidays too.

      Delete
  4. Dear Professor Fralick,
    During my time in this course, I have learned a lot about myself and how I can effectively manage my time to make success. I personally went through a lot of life changing events during this course and it seemed that each chapter correlated with what I was going through so it was a way I could use to think of my situations differently so I really appreciate taking this course. Thank you for all the kindness and support you have shown me through the course and I would recommend it to any student.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind comments on the evaluation. I was happy to hear that the course was personally meaningful. The challenges you are facing are only making you stronger. Best wishes for your future success and happy holidays!

      Delete